2008 Gehl 4240 Skid Loader with 1949 Hours
DESCRIPTION: 2008 Gehl 4240 Skid Loader with 1949 Hours
The 4240E Skid Loader is built for efficiency. Super Hi-Power drive chains feature heavy, high-strength construction designed for the most rugged conditions.
- Longer wheelbase and a low center-of-gravity offer a smooth, stable ride.
- Hydraloc™ automatic interlock system locks lift, tilt and drive systems when the operator leaves the seat, increasing operator safety. System also engages when the restraint bar is raised or the ignition switch is turned off.
- Lift arm hydraulic tubes are concealed and protected from the work environment.
- Rated operating load can be readily increased with the addition of a counterweight.
|Overall Height to Top of ROPS (mm)||72″ (1829)|
A large operator’s compartment with clear front, side and rear sight lines provides operators full, expansive views for increased safety.
- ROPS/FOPS Level II is standard for extra operator protection.
- Roof grid section and window provide excellent bucket visibility at full height.
- Adjustable operator restraint bar offers secondary protection and serves as a padded armrest.
- Lockout system shuts down lift/tilt functions when optional front door is opened.
- T-bar “hands-only,” hand-foot controls match any operator’s preference.
Ergonomic controls in the 4240E Skid Loader provide smooth loader and attachment operation.
- Hand and foot throttle are standard equipment, providing quieter operation and less fuel consumption
- T-Bar hands-only drive control system
Advanced, high-powered, naturally aspirated Yanmar engine with auto-shutdown systems and grid heater starter assists to aid in cold weather starting.
|Model||4TNV88 Interim Tier IV|
|Net Power (kW) @ rpm||46 hp (34) @ 2800|
|Maximum Torque (Nm) @ rpm||106 ft.-lbs. (145) @ 1680|
|Displacement (L)||134 cu.in. (2.2)|
Exceptional hydraulics of 16.5 gpm power a wide variety of attachments and produce outstanding attachment performance on the 4240E.
|Auxiliary Hydraulics – Standard (L/min)||16.5 gpm (62)|
|Reservoir Capacity (L)||8 gal. (30.3)|
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their 4240E the most versatile machine on the job site. Popular attachments are listed below.
Strong lift arm provides strength, durability and excellent view of the tires and sides of the loader for increased precision and safety.
The 4240E Skid Loader has an ingenious design, including low-maintenance components and easy maintenance access.
- Entire ROPS/FOPS structure pivots back, with gas-spring assist, for full, easy access to the internal hydraulic components.
- Swing-open rear door and flip-up engine cover fully expose maintenance access points to engine, battery, filters and filler caps.
- Maintenance-free axles are lubricated and sealed for long life.
- Removable access plates for clean out.
|A Overall Operating Height – Fully Raised||141.1″|
|B Height to Hinge Pin – Fully Raised||110″|
|C Overall Height to Top of ROPS||71.9″|
|D Ground Clearance to Chassis||8.3″|
|E Overall Length with Bucket||116.2″ with 61″ Bucket|
|F Overall Length without Bucket||91.1″|
|H Dump Reach – Fully Raised||22.6″|
|I Rollback at Ground||29°|
|J Dump Angle||42°|
|K Overall Width||53″A/59″|
|L Bucket Width||60.6″|
|M Clearance Circle – Rear||58.4″|
|N Clearance Circle – Front without Bucket||43.4″|
|O Clearance Circle – Front with Bucket||69.2″|
|P Seat to Ground Height||33.6″|
|Q Rollback at Specified Height||99°|
|R Dump Height||86.5″|
|S Departure Angle||29°|
|Standard Specification Tire Size||10.00 x 16.5 HD|
|Model||4TNV88 Interim Tier IV|
|Net Power @ rpm||46 hp @ 2600|
|Maximum Torque @ rpm||106 ft.-lbs. @ 1680|
|Auxiliary Hydraulics – Standard||16.5 gpm|
|High-Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics – Option||N/A|
|Reservoir Capacity||8 gal.|
|Rated Operating CapacityB||1,350 lbs.|
|Rated Operating Capacity with Optional CounterweightB||1,475 lbs.|
|Tipping Load||2,700 lbs.|
|Fuel Tank||12.4 gal.|
|Travel Speed – Maximum||5.4 mph|
|Travel Speed with Two-Speed Option – Maximum||N/A|
|Operating WeightC – Approximate||4,600 lbs.|