New Gehl 540 Articulated Loader
DESCRIPTION: New Gehl 540 Articulated Loader
Operators world-wide will find state-of-the-art ergonomics, unsurpassed visibility and ease of operation.
- Tiltable steering column with center-mount instrumentation for easy operator reference.
- The deluxe suspension seat is spring-suspended with a high amount of travel providing a comfortable ride for the operator.
- Excellent 360-degree visibility is achieved by positioning the operator above instead of behind the load for safe operation and excellent view of the attachment.
- All models feature comfortable and easy-to-access grab handles to assist entry and exit.
- A complete cab enclosure option provides enhanced comfort and safety for all-day-long operation.
- Wide side doors can be latched fully open for full side-to-side ventilation. They also provide easy entry and exit from both sides of the machine.
- Cab doors have an extended-latch design, which allows latching in a slightly-open position for limited ventilation, per operator preference.
- Standard equipment includes heating system, four working lights, wipers on front and rear windows, a cup holder and adjustable side mirrors.
- Spacious surface window area offers excellent all-around visibility.
- Generous sound absorbing material between the cab and engine compartment is standard with cab enclosure and suppresses sound levels.
The Gehl 540 Articulated Loader features simple-to-use controls at your finger tips. Even the most un-accustomed operator will be comfortable operating these loaders.
- Multi-function joystick lever controls the lift arm, bucket, float, travel direction, differential lock and auxiliary hydraulic functions
- Inching pedal allows operators to vary the ground speed while maintaining a fixed engine speed, to optimally run attachments while enabling precise control.
- Engine speed can be conveniently controlled two ways: (1) with the right foot throttle or (2) with the convenient hand throttle, which also allows the ground speed to be controlled independently of engine speed.
- Differential lock button on joystick increases traction for 100% effective engagement of axles.
- 2-speed hydrostatic drive can be activated “on the go” by a switch on the joystick.
Gehl articulated loaders are equipped with industry-proven Yanmar diesel engines.
- Powerful, quiet and efficient Interim Tier IV-certified Yanmar diesel engines with excellent performance for all applications.
- Excellent reputation for reliable cold-starting and smooth operation.
|Model||4TNV88 Interim Tier IV|
|Number of Cylinders||4|
|Power (kW) @ 2800 rpm||47 hp (35)|
|Displacement (L)||133.6 cu.in. (2.2)|
Power, performance and precision. Achieve this and more with superior hydraulics and handy time-saving features.
- Two auxiliary hydraulic lines with flat-faced couplers power a variety of tools and make attachment changes easy.
- Hydraulic hoses are nestled within the lift arms, keeping them out of the loader linkage “damage zone” during lifting and dumping operations.
- Lift arm and bucket float features allow for “floating” of the lift arm for light scraping or rear-ward leveling actions. Bucket float is a special feature that adds control and more operator flexibility for operating certain attachments with only bucket float.
|Work Hydraulic System Flow (L/min)||15 gpm (56.8)|
|Work Hydraulic System Pressure (bar)||3,000 psi (207)|
|Drive Hydraulic System Pressure (bar)||5,940 psi (410)|
|Drive Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity (L)||11 gal. (42)|
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their 540 the most versatile machine on the job site. Popular attachments are listed below.
The lift arm on the 540 is designed to achieve maximum strength, excellent visibility and fast cycle times.
- Parallel-type linkage provide excellent bucket breakout forces.
- Linkage becomes recessed in the lift arm at full lift heights for protection when dumping into trucks/trailers and provides excellent forward visibility.
- Linkage design allows for mechanical self-leveling action in both up and down directions.
- Nitro-steel rods on the hydraulic cylinders resist abrasion, pitting, scratching and corrosion.
- Excellent bucket dump angles at the mid- and top-ranges of the lift path as well as outstanding forward reach at mid-range.
- Adjustable down-stop positioning for low position height control.
Get into the tightest spaces with ease. The 540 goes anywhere and does almost everything.
- A heavy-duty articulating joint offers 45-degree turning angles each way and provides optimal maneuverability with a tight turning radius. Articulated steering has minimal affect on turf and ground surfaces and extends the life of the tires.
- Chassis oscillates 10 degrees each way, for 20 degrees of total oscillation, to maintain traction by keeping the wheels on the ground on uneven terrain.
- The tail follows where the front leads, providing excellent maneuverability. The bucket and tires follow a constant turn radius, so the rear of the loader follows the path of the front tires.
- Narrow machine width allows access to tight, confined spaces that most skid loaders with comparable operating capacities cannot access.
- High ground clearance allows the loaders to pass over objects in the work-path with ease.
Reduced downtime is made possible by intelligent engineering and advanced design.
- Perform daily service checks with ease through the rear engine cover, which provides access to the engine, hydraulic reservoir filler and filter, radiator, and more.
- The tilting iso-mounted operator’s platform with gas spring lift assistance provides access to the engine fuel and oil filters, battery, and hydraulic pump.
- Hydraulic components are provided with diagnostic test ports for easy access when required.
- The control module interlock system located behind the seat on the operator’s platform has LEDs for electrical diagnostic checking.
|A Length with Bucket on Ground||177.6″||177.6″||177.6″|
|B Shipping Length||149.2″||149.2″||149.2″|
|C Front Wheel Center to Pivot Pin||28.5″||28.5″||28.5″|
|E Rear Overhang||46.6″||46.6″||46.6″|
|F Height to Top of Cab||97.4″||90.9″||90.9″|
|G Folded ROPS Height||74.6″||N/A||N/A|
|H Hood Height||59.9″||59.9″||59.9″|
|J Maximum Reach Height||142.4″||142.4″||142.4″|
|K Bucket Hinge Pin Height||120.3″||120.3″||120.3″|
|L Ground Plane to Bucket Edge Height||112.6″||112.6″||112.6″|
|M Dump Clearance at Full Height||90.6″||90.6″||90.6″|
|N Dump Reach at Full Height||17.5″||17.5″||17.5″|
|P Width Over Tires||54.3″||54.3″||54.3″|
|R ROPS Width||38.8″||40.6″||42.6″|
|S Ground Clearance||10.4″||10.4″||10.4″|
|T Turning Radius with Bucket||126.8″||126.8″||126.8″|
|U Outer Turning Radius||108.3″||108.3″||108.3″|
|V Inner Turning Radius||53.7″||53.7″||53.7″|
|W Articulation Angle from Center||45°||45°||45°|
|X Rollback at Height||45°||45°||45°|
|Y Maximum Dump Angle at Full Height||47°||47°||47°|
|Z Bucket Rollback at Ground||40°||40°||40°|
|AA Attachment Pivot Clearance||8.3″||8.3″||8.3″|
|BB Wheel Radius||15.9″||15.9″||15.9″|
|CC Bucket Width – Standard||60″||60″||60″|
|Model/Number of Cylinders||4TNV88 Interim IV/4||4TNV88 Interim Tier IV/4||4TNV88 Interim Tier IV/4|
|Power @ 2800 rpm||47 hp||47 hp||47 hp|
|Displacement||133.6 cu.in.||133.6 cu.in.||133.6 cu.in.|
|Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket1||2,460 lbs.||2,524 lbs.||2,560 lbs.|
|Static Tipping Load with Bucket|
|Straight||4,932 lbs.||5,049 lbs.||5,136 lbs.|
|Full Turn||3,904 lbs.||3,969 lbs.||4,101 lbs.|
|Static Tipping Load with Forks|
|Straight||3,602 lbs.||3,708 lbs.||3,755 lbs.|
|Full Turn||2,817 lbs.||2,939 lbs.||2,981 lbs.|
|Bucket Breakout||10,749 lbf||10,749 lbf||10,749 lbf|
|Operating Weight||7,290 lbs.||7,400 lbs.||7,720 lbs.|
|Work Hydraulic System Flow||15 gpm||15 gpm||15 gpm|
|Work Hydraulic System Pressure||3,000 psi||3,000 psi||3,000 psi|
|Drive Hydraulic System Pressure||5,940 psi||5,940 psi||5,940 psi|
|Drive Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity||11 gal.||11 gal.||11 gal.|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||18 gal.||18 gal.||18 gal.|
|Maximum Travel Speed||12.4 mph||12.4 mph||12.4 mph|
|Tire Size – Standard||33 x 15.5-16.5||33 x 15.5-16.5||33 x 15.5-16.5|
1 – Per SAE J818 SAE J732