New Gehl R165 Skid Loader
DESCRIPTION: New Gehl R165 Skid Loader
The Gehl R165 rounds up the mid-frame skid loader class with top-notch performance.
|Net Power (kW)||68.4 hp (51)|
|Maximum Torque (Nm)||178 ft.-lbs. (241)|
|Rated Operating Capacity (kg)||1,650 lbs. (748)|
The R165 features a new, state-of-the-art, fully-adjustable operator’s cab.
- Sound reduction material within the cab suppresses outside noise for a quieter operator environment.
- A front-lifting restraint bar with integrated armrests provides personalized comfort and increased safety.
- Standard high-back adjustable seat and optional air-ride suspension seat or mechanical suspension seat provide enhanced, all-day comfort.
- Cab forward design enhances view to the bucket edge. Lowered rear towers improve visibility to the rear of the machine.
- Hydraloc™ System – Brakes and hydraulics are applied automatically whenever the operator raises the restraint bar, leaves the operator’s seat or switches off the ignition.
- Creature comforts include automatic dome light, cup holder, 12-volt outlet, storage tray and multiple adjustable air vents.
- Digital color display shows real time fuel consumption, engine RPM’s, machine hours, engine diagnostic codes, warning indicators and much more.
- Three control options include T-Bar, Joystick, and Hand/Foot.
- All instrumentation is conveniently located in the upper-right and left instrument panels for easy access.
- Hydraloc™ system applies brakes whenever the operator raises the restraint bar, leaves the operator’s seat or switches off the ignition.
The R165 is equipped with an all-new Yanmar Tier IV naturally-aspirated diesel engine.
- Automatic glow plug heating system provides superior cold-weather starting.
- After treatment meets all Tier IV requirements through proven technology.
|Net Power (kW) @ rpm||69.9 hp (52) @ 2500|
|Maximum Torque (Nm) @ rpm||178 ft.-lbs. (241 Nm) @ 1625|
|Displacement (L)||201.4 cu.in. (3.3)|
The R165 has amped-up hydraulic systems which incorporate intuitive design for precise controllability.
- Standard proportional auxiliary hydraulic control gives the operator the ability to adjust attachment speeds with infinitely adjustable flow control.
- Attachments changes are clean and easy with flat-faced quick couplers that allow for changes by hand instead of tools.
- Hardened chrome cylinder rods resist pitting, rusting and scratching, extending the life of the cylinders.
|Auxiliary Hydraulics – Standard (L/min)||18.9 gpm (71.4)|
|High-Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics – Option (L/min)||N/A|
|Reservoir Capacity (L)||11 gal. (41.6)|
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their R165 the most versatile machine on the job site. Popular attachments are listed below.
|F||Skeleton Rock Bucket|
|H||Tree Puller/Grabbing Tool|
The R165 features an all-new low-profile lift arm.
- 42% more visibility with new low-profile lift arm.
- Selectable hydraulic self-leveling option keeps the bucket level throughout the lift cycle.
Excellent service access and quality components pair up to provide durable machines that are easy to maintain.
- Large engine cover is hinged and positioned by gas-springs to assist lifting and holding in place, and allows for easy return to closed/operating position.
- Swing-out rear door easily opens on hinges, allowing full access to filters and fluid reservoirs, for servicing and maintenance.
- All-new swing-out cooler provides improved access to the engine bay area.
- Entire ROPS/FOPS assembly tilts rearward with a gas-spring assist for easy internal access to the pumps, hydraulic valve bank and drive motors.
- All-new cab safety restraint & pull cord safely holds ROPS/FOPS in raised position.
- Removable plate for easy cleanout of foot area inside ROPS/FOPS
|A Overall Operating Height – Fully Raised||152.6″|
|B Height to Hinge Pin – Fully Raised||119″|
|C Overall Height to Top of ROPS||76.7″|
|D Overall Length with Bucket||122.1″|
|E Dump Angle at Full Height||38°|
|F Dump Height||93.7″|
|G Dump Reach at Full Height||22.8″|
|J Rollback at Ground||28°|
|M Rollback Angle at Full Height||99°|
|O Seat to Ground Height||35.6″|
|Q Overall Width – Less Bucket A||63.2″|
|R Bucket Width||61.5″|
|S Ground Clearance to Chassis||6.3″|
|V Overall Length – Less Bucket||93.9″|
|W Departure Angle||21°|
|X Clearance Circle – Front w/ Bucket||73.6″|
|Y Clearance Circle – Front w/o Bucket||45.4″|
|Z Clearance Circle – Rear||57.7″|
|Standard Specification Tire Size||10.00 x 16.5 HD|
|Model||4TNV98C-NMS2 Tier IV|
|Gross Power @ 2500 rpm||69.9 hp|
|Net Power @ 2500 rpm||68.4 hp|
|Maximum Torque||178 ft.-lbs. @ 1625|
|Auxiliary Hydraulics – Standard||18.9 gpm|
|High-Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics – Option||N/A|
|Reservoir Capacity||11 gal.|
|Rated Operating CapacityB||1,650 lbs.|
|Rated Operating Capacity with Optional CounterweightB||1,800 lbs.|
|Fuel Tank||16.5 gal.|
|Travel Speed – Maximum||7.8 mph|
|Travel Speed with Two-Speed Option – Maximum||N/A|
|Operating WeightC – Approximate||6,165 lbs.|
A – Overall width is dependent upon the amount of wheel offset.
B – Per SAE J818, SAE J732, and ISO 14397
C – Weight of base unit with standard equipment, standard tires (heavy-duty flotation), standard dirt-construction bucket and 175 lb. operator.